Story 1: Christian. (we'll say he was 7 and I was 5...ish)
At the time he was receiving the cut, I was in the bathtub, playing, and possibly bathing, though I was known to merely toss in half the bottle of bubble bath (fabulous invention, by the way), or simply let the entire bottle float around in the tub, while I continued splashing, and it's contents continued frothing, and my bubbly beard continued growing...ahh the life of a 5-year old! Anyways...tangents, tangents.
For unknown reasons, at approximately the same time my mother was cutting around Christian's ears, my jolly self decided to scream, probably because I was out of bubbles. So, naturally, mother jumped, cut Christian's ear, Christian screamed, I screamed, mother screamed.
Oops.
Story 2: Katherine. (we'll say she was 8 and I was 12...ish)
Once upon a time, even less long ago, because I am still quite young, Katherine and I were playing the "put the blanket over your head and try to catch me" game. We were very creative. It was her turn to have the blanket over her head, and conveniently enough, she was facing the opposite direction. Well somewhere in the depths of that mushy thing in my skull, I decided it would be a good idea to "trick her" (note: the word "trip" did not cross my mind at this point) and hold down the blanket. I did, she tripped, cut her lip on the chair, cried. I won...Oops.
Story 3: Kaleigh.(we'll say she was 5 months...and I was 6-7 ish...)
Iaccidentalydroppedherwhenshewasababyandshecutherliponthetableandhadtohavestitches.
Oops.
All I can say is I got distracted when she was on my lap and I let go...and gravity is my enemy...hers too...and I had to practice holding babies with dolls until I was allowed to hold her again....
Like I said, oops.
don't forget about all of the emotional scars you've given me. haha I'm just kiddddding!!!!!!
ReplyDelete