Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Recent Recommendations

Prior to my beginning classes (which explains why there's been such a delay in my posting), I had time to read for leisure, and even watch movies! I don't care too much about the no longer having movies part. I have always needed to be in the right mood to watch one. If I know there are things that need doing, I do them. I just can't justify sitting in front of the TV for 2 or so hours. Yet I have no problem justifying reading...so it goes.

Here are my two latest recommendations:

1. Soundtrack for a Revolution (Documentary)
My dad offered to pay me to watch this. I knew that it would either be extremely good or extremely boring, which is why he would offer such a thing. Well, the verdict is, it is extremely good. If you are at all interested in the civil rights movement and you like music, you'll love this.

2. My Name is Asher Lev (Book)
This is one of my favorite professor's favorite books, so I had to give it a try. There are several things that I like about this book but the main thing I pondered on was moral dilemmas and reasons behind decisions we make. It's excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment