I have this thing with alarms, I tell ya...
Last weekend Mallory and I joined some of our friends "camping." Which basically consisted of us driving to the campsite (getting semi-lost), eating stew and S'mores, and leaving. Well on the way back we needed to swing by a gas station to use it's facilities. It wasn't too late, just a little after ten. So we found a gas station, which looked closed, but we tried the door and it opened! Whew. Bathroom, thank heavens. However, we heard this faint high pitched sound and Mallory asked if we set off an alarm. Right as I was saying, "no," a definitely more distinct, siren-noise sounded. Oops. I guess we did. So we washed our hands and left...we kinda hung out (for all of ten seconds) to see if anyone showed up, but then figured we're on the cameras just going in the bathroom then out again so we're in the clear. And look, one week later I am still here to tell the tale. Poor guy who works there probably got busted for not locking up...shame, shame.
And to think this just happened a few days after my "alarm" post, oh the irony!
No comments:
Post a Comment