It's about time I update again. I'm sure everyone is just on the edge of their seats with the anticipation of hearing what's new in my super exciting life.
Excuse the sarcasm - I had a teacher who absolutely hated sarcasm, so I'm trying to quit. I didn't like her that much though so it didn't motivate me too much. But for the common good of everyone else, I'll try...
We'll talk Memorial Day weekend now.
Friday night I watched Back To The Future for the first time in my life. I think I saw the end of it on TV once though. That night I stayed with Mallory at her apartment, then in the morning we dragged ourselves out of bed to go hike the Y! It was my first time hiking it during the day, and second time hiking it ever. It was fun! I can tell I am totally out of shape though, but I'm working on that still ;) Now that Physical Therapy is over I have the green light to run, play sports, all that stuff, and I plan to take full advantage of that opportunity! I think my favorite part of the hike was our friend "Fritz" and his Lederhosen. I have nothing against Lederhosen. Living in Germany for awhile, I think they are cool, but it's probably not the best thing to wear on this hike, that's all. Poor boy was definitely feeling the heat in those leather pants, thick socks...oh man. Love that Fritz.
Then I drove up to Salt Lake City to visit my friend from High School, Gabby! We played Volleyball and Basketball together in school. I could not believe it had been two years since I had seen that girl. We definitely had tons to catch each other up on! I had lunch with her and her friend and we all just visited for awhile. It was great. Then I did a bit of shopping, for clothes and groceries for my BBQ on Monday! I debated washing my car, but thankfully I didn't because it rained later. Aber, naturlich.
There's my day. And what a great day it was.
Sunday was relaxing and just glorious, as should be. I was BBQ'ing the next day so had to get some of the food ready. I basically just mixed up the Texas Caviar (it tastes better after sitting overnight) and boiled potatoes for potato salad and goofed off with my siblings of course. It was actually a really fun night. Who knew cooking could be so fun?
No comments:
Post a Comment